Checking the fit of the drivers...the woofers are a little goofy to flush mount, as they have a VERY small lip at the edge of their flange. I think they were originally designed to be surface mounted. The lip is only 3/32" high, but I was able to get the recess the right depth, with a little extra for the gasket material. Greg had suggested flush mounting, so I tried it and it looks like it's going to work and look more professional. I mentioned in a previous description that I made the front/rear baffles a little oversized so I could use a flush-trim bit to get them to the exact dimensions of the rest of the box. Using this method will remove the imperfection you see on the lower left edge of the baffle, which is a hole that was drilled in the original piece for mounting the counter-top to a kitchen cabinet. I'll use a 1/2" round-over bit on the vertical and horizontal edges of the front baffle, and then spray on some Duplicolor truck bed liner, but just on the front baffle.